Pick a sportsbook that covers NBA, March Madness and live in-play betting.
Basketball is a very popular sport and is a billion dollar industry by itself. As a result it attracts a lot of punters from all over the world who are eager to bet on the outcome of basketball championships and college basketball matches.
In the US and several other countries, basketball betting has one of the biggest markets and as punters are likely to tell you, the basketball bets are more profitable than football or soccer betting. The most important basketball organization is the National Basketball Association also known as the NBA.
NBA Basketball betting has a great market because there are more matches played and also because the game has a longer season. Furthermore, these pro –basketball games offer punter several lines and host good odds. Also, the NBA season extends for the larger part of the year and for the rest of the time, punters can satisfy themselves with NCAA college basketball matches which are just as exciting. These games are exciting because the players and teams are highly competitive, especially towards the month of March when the finals take place.
Types of Basketball Betting
The NBA basketball betting has plenty of lines for punters to bet on as does the NCAA College football betting. There are several types of basketball bets as well and each sportsbook offers different odds for various teams. Punters looking to bet on basketball should consider the following types of basketball bets at any of the online sportsbooks listed here.
- Point Spread Bets – These bets allows players to bet on whichever team they think will win based on the point spread offered by the online betting site. These bets work at -110.
- Totals Over/Under – These bets estimate the total number of points that will be scored by both the teams combined. You can bet either over or under a certain amount based on the odds.
- Money Line Bets – There are several lines in basketball betting and these bets are not based on the point spread but on the odds. They have a higher risk factor and punters risk more than they expect to win but will win very big if the underdog wins.
- Parlay Bets – these bets allows punters to select two or more teams or sides and all bets must clear for the bettor to win.
- Proposition Bets – these bets are based on specific teams, players and in-game occurrences. They are fun and interesting bets and tend to vary from one online sportsbook to another.
Types of Basketball Betting Bonuses
In order to place a bet on an NBA event or an NCAA college basketball match, all you have to do is be a real money account member of a good online sportsbook such as the ones here. To attract more players, basketball betting sites offer bonuses like sign up bonuses, reload bonuses and a free bonus bet. You can also get cash back bonuses and other special promotions at some of the sites here.